About Me

My photo
Just me and the color blue. The recipient of the "Top 10% badge" for the Inkitt Grand Novel Contest for my entry : The Christmas Duet.

Thursday, July 14, 2011

When We Dance

The stage is set for the dance of a lifetime
The music plays softly in the background
Candlelight flickers casting shadows through the night
Whispers of lovers 
Moving, feeling love

As we walk to the dance floor  
You take my hand in yours
We dance a lover’s dance
Waltzing to the beat of the music

You hold me close,  my head upon your shoulder
And as we move 
Time stands still 
The music fades and the people disappear

When we dance
It’s just you and I 


-shobana-
All rights reserved. Copyright@shobana2014

2 comments:

  1. Well Shobana if you are going to dance like that it would mean internal combustion. This is quite a nice poem and using the first person makes it more gratifying. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you like it CC and thank you my friend.

    ReplyDelete