Of promises and the unlived...

I wonder sometimes at the different courses
of footprints one leaves in life..

Promises of the future
taking a stronghold in the minds
of those that carry far their dreams...

The unsuccessful attempts of not
making it in reality and regarded
as a failure of fulfilling that dream..


I wonder at the different path that
is driven in one when attempting
to reach that far-fetched dream...

A different course not envisioned
or maybe of that
unlived..

I wonder at happiness and what it entails..
Would that a dream sometimes
bequest a fallen trail and leave
those footprints unerased..


-shobana-


Comments

  1. When I look back my footsteps are in circles Shobana I now look forward one at a time and watch where I step. nice poem

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Mother's Day

Happy Labour Day - Working Together

Live Like Its The Last Day Of Your Life (Wake Up To Sunrise)