About Me

My photo
Just me and the color blue. The recipient of the "Top 10% badge" for the Inkitt Grand Novel Contest for my entry : The Christmas Duet.

Tuesday, November 20, 2012


Beauty of my Soul

Real beauty is the beauty of the Soul -  Mahatma Ghandi

I know it will someday capture me
this artistry I find in myself
Where even the flowers which bloom
often covered with gloom
is often reflected through my eyes.

I hope the beauty you see in my smile
will let you know the depth of my cries
from the day I was born
till I aged years now worn
in numbers and wrinkles that show.

I know you will remember me by
the wisdom I keep 
hidden so deep and
which escapes me with a sigh.

The beauty of the rivers that
flow from within are often
neglected and left unseen..
I wish my soul for you to keep
with hands so clean that beauty is seen
arising each day anew.

-shobana-

No comments:

Post a Comment