About Me

My photo
Just me and the color blue. The recipient of the "Top 10% badge" for the Inkitt Grand Novel Contest for my entry : The Christmas Duet.

Friday, December 28, 2012

With a Glass of Wine I did Dine

A bottle of white wine and a wine glass with maritime decoration

I rose early this morning
to a glass of white wine I did dine
and accompanied by a companion of breeding
I sat all entranced by his words...

A sip of a glass of white wine
and I laugh at the bubbles of mirth
I see a liquid that glistens
and my taste buds are on fire..

A finger sandwich I eat
And wash it down with its heat
And talk of the language of lovers
that just the night before did wed..

I remember those moments that
entwined with wine we shared love
and sent a kiss of sweet morrow
to my companion of now and tomorrow...

-shobana-

No comments:

Post a Comment