Of lace, trimmings and dreams




I lay my eyes on lace once
and caught its trim so grand
I traced it to the olden times
When grand ladies wore them on
trimmings of gowns of length
I traced its line hood and wondered
at the beauty it stated so bold
and left a woman's ensemble
as gentle as a flowered bloom...

I lay my eyes on lace that
a bride wore on her day
and saw how it clutched her figure
and radiated her glow
Her fingers in a lace glove
so nimble and so soft
Her ring upon her finger
makes for a lacy show....

I lay my thoughts on lacy dreams
with its trimmings on jet black
and a hundred thousand reasons
for me to be wed in lace...

-shobana-
All rights reserved. Copyright@shobana2013

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Mother's Day

Happy Labour Day - Working Together

Live Like Its The Last Day Of Your Life (Wake Up To Sunrise)