About Me

My photo
Just me and the color blue. The recipient of the "Top 10% badge" for the Inkitt Grand Novel Contest for my entry : The Christmas Duet.

Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Crushed Dreams Come Alive Too

She was shy of six
With a pony tail high up on her head
She wore boots to match her stature
And a denim jacket over her crumpled outfit

She walked up to the Minister
And quietly laid her troubled head on his shoulder
And she sang a song that saw her crushed dreams come alive

And it went like this or may be not

Not one of my friends care like I do
Not one them say a prayer like I do
They ride in big cars and talk with their riches
Not one of them think like I do

Say Minister, would you tell me if it counts
To be on the other side
And ride your life the way I do
With not much of a chance
To live out my life with my
friends who have more than I do

Though I live a life
With nothing that comes without strife
But then I see beauty where there's none
And I smile at the sun
I laugh at the stars that gather on moonless nights

And the Minister said

There is nothing to yearn in the way your friends live
Someday the person you are will shine through
The world will bow and my child you are only six now
Who knows the brightest of stars will be you..

-shobana-

No comments:

Post a Comment