Friday, January 27, 2017

Welcome to The Rooster Year




As I sit writing this post, outside my window are  sounds of the firecrackers ushering in the Chinese New Year. 2017 is the year of the Rooster. They call it the humble bird.
I wonder what the year will hold for us with all the uncertainties surrounding us. 2016 was a year of much drama I think. Too many to recount come to think of it.
As the families of the Chinese community sit to welcome the New Year with a reunion dinner, many will be ushering in the year with much fanfare and celebration. Throughout the world people of all races and religion will be adding to the festivities. Any reason to celebrate is a good thing. 
With the way life has its way in all its dramatic malfunctions, I wish peace will abide, good fortune befall each one and endless happiness walk side by side with us.
Life is too short to just ignore the road we take and pave. Calculated steps I believe eventually leads us to our Happy Place in Life.
So here's wishing everyone and especially my Chinese friends worldwide and at home a Happy & Prosperous Rooster Year 2017.
Gong Xi Fa Cai!!
-shobana-


      No comments:

      Post a Comment