Valentine Past





I struggled for words to say
The memories just rushed to mind
Of a Valentine's Day 
A year ago today.

You stood there with a dew filled rose
A pink rose so bejeweled by the touch
Of waters so fresh 
That trickled translucent 
And created an image so pure

And your words were sublime
With a promise like this :-
'Our love will always be
So young and vibrant
Like this rose I give to you today'

I remember the day like it was yesterday
So ecstatic and free I drowned
In that special love you had for me 
It was a heavenly crown

A year ago fled like rain
You left me bereft and in pain
The pink rose is a shadow now
Crippling my torching heart

No words can soothe this ache
This Valentine I cry in vain
With a memory so hard to shake and heal..

-shobana-
All rights reserved. Copyright@shobana2017





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Mother's Day

Happy Labour Day - Working Together

Live Like Its The Last Day Of Your Life (Wake Up To Sunrise)